Wednesday, April 14, 2010

6.12: Everybody Loves Hugo

I don't know about y'all, but it only took about 2 seconds for me to recognize Dr. Chang's voice as the award presenter introducing Hurley in the first scene. Of course it would be him, why wouldn't it? :)

I really enjoyed seeing Hurley's scenes with Libby, they were very sweet. It's interesting how all these characters getting flashes from the Island-life are calling them "memories", which would point to Bonker's theory of their souls being sent back in time as kids, rather than a parallel reality (two existences of the same person).

I like how this and last week's episodes are starting to tie both realities together, somehow starting the wrap up to the end. Calm-Desmond on the Island still weirds me out, and I TOTALLY knew Flocke was going to throw him down that well. Interesting how their parallel selves mirror that by Desmond hitting Locke with his car. That really shocked me since it's so opposite Des' personality. I also was completely taken off guard by Ilana blowing herself to bits...woops.

BTW little bit of trivia, that dog in the pic from Hurley's slideshow is his dog in real life Nunu. :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't have any new theories yet from this episode, but a couple things I thought I'd point out that I thought were interesting:
1) When Hugo is walking out of the award banquet at the beginning of the episode, he refers to another philanthropic award he is getting from "The Human Fund". Maybe I misheard this, but it sounds like that's what he says. And if that is true, that may be a joke reference to an old episode of Seinfeld. "The Human Fund" was a charity that George Costanza made up that he pretended to make donations to in other peoples' names for Christmas presents.
2) OK, I can understand Hugo being shy still around women and having trouble getting a date, but this Rosalita woman was set up with him and she stood up a billionaire? Not to be cynical, but who would stand up a billionaire? Maybe Desmond ran over her too.
3) I was disappointed that the scenes for next week already showed that Desmond is alive in the well. Why'd they have to ruin the surprise (I realize I am ruining the surprise here if people didn't see those scenes, but I bet you probably did watch them)?

Page48 said...

Hurley and Libby? Not a snowball's chance does a match-up like that occur in nature. Even in an alternate JJ Abrams sci-fi universe, that one is just not on. Dude!

SKlaft said...

David,
I do not watch the previews; and yes, you did spoil that for me.
:(

Page, you're in danger of sounding envious. LOL

-R.

Unknown said...

Sorry. I shouldn't have assumed that preview discussion is fair game...

SRM said...

Ugh, rerun tonight, what the crap ABC? FAIL.

Unknown said...

I was surprised too.

SRM said...

haha speaking of Hugo...