Thursday, April 16, 2009

5.13: Some Like It Hoth

Blogger Robetron noted that this was a slow episode, which I agree with, but still fairly interesting. I like Miles, I think he's a good character (and well casted) and I liked learning more about him. More kudos are doled out to those of you that guessed Miles is Dr. Chang's son. I like that he knew all this time and didn't tell anyone until Hurley. I figured there would be this big "to do" if that theory of him being the doc's kid was true and he'd find out in some dramatic moment. It was a amusingly unexpected when he revealed the truth w/ the same drama as telling Hurley the weather forecast.

It's obvious from the few scenes we've witnessed that Dr. Chang loves his son and wife very much, so I'm very curious to find out what separates them and causes Miles' mom to hate the very memory of his father.

So who do you think grabbed Miles in the van? If they are against Widmore does that mean they work for Ben? The way that guy talked to Miles sounded like he was trying to sell him on some new spiritual faith or something. Then the phrase from last week comes up: What lies in the shadow of the statue. How would Sayid's bounty hunter lady know that phrase?

And we finally see the return of Dan. I didn't catch what Dr. Chang said about him other than there was a scientist returning. From the way Sawyer referred to him it sounded like Dan betrayed them in some way. Well we have 2 weeks to ponder that...

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so ashamed that I ever doubted the Miles-Chang father-son relationship theory...

2 weeks? I thought there is a new episode next week, but the special ad was just pointing out the 100th episode in 2 weeks.

I am fairly certain that the lead guy in the kidnapping van was the guy that was always with Sayid's bounty hunter on the island. I haven't compared faces or anything, but I thought that the second I saw his face yesterday. I think that some of the people on the Guam plane were there on purpose to get to the island. Maybe there is a *3rd* contingent fighting Ben & Widmore. Like an Ann Arbor scientist offshoot of surviving Dharma peeps who were off the island during Ben's genocide.

When Dan came to the island, Dr. Chang just referred to them as "scientists from Ann Arbor". I specifically remember this because I was thinking that I wanted to be one of the "scientists from Ann Arbor" going to the island.

SRM said...

Haha yeah Ann Arbor stood out to me too (being a Wolverine myself) but I wondered if I just *thought* that's what he said. Good to know I wasn't hearing things. :)

Yeah next week's eppy is a "special" Lost presentation, which I interpret as meaning recaps all put together for an hour long episode they didn't have to spend much money on.

I just looked in the screen captures from last week and you're right David, the van dude is the same guy that's w/ bounty hunter chick, nice catch! Now that makes more sense...

Unknown said...

Oh, recap episode... Blech.

Unknown said...

Oh no! And the finale is May 13th! Too soon! Too soon!

SKlaft said...

How can that be the finale when it will only be episode 15? Maybe there will be another mini-hiatus until the season actually ends.

SKlaft said...

You know, Ben has not been the only one to claim the Others were the "good guys." Maybe the Natives of the island have been defending it for ages against the people trying to exploit the island, of whom Widmore came to be one later in life. I don't know. Its pretty complex and ambiguous right now. I like it, but there isn't much room for supposition.

Kitchen Bliss! said...

I watched the Recap episode anyway, and I'm sorta glad I did because I had forgotten some things (How Sayid was seduced by his bounty hunter) and that Hurley told Jack he wasn't supposed to raise Aaron... can't believe there are only 3 more episodes? Ugh!

SKlaft said...

I think SOMEONE made a prediction very similar to what began to develop in tonight's episode.

They may not keep it going in those paths, but ...

For the record, I have no insider-information on any part of the show. I only watch on Wednesdays like everyone else.

SKlaft said...

yeah, yeah... okay, I thought the bomb was combining to infect the pregnant women... but that may still be true. While the women were dying, the bomb had not been exploded.

Still... I wasn't far off.

SRM said...

Haha yeah there were a lot of good predictions that were verified by last night's episode, and still more questions arise!! I'll post a new article about it on my lunch today, stay tuned! :)