Wednesday, March 03, 2010

6.6 Sundown

OK, someone help me out here...exactly what questions were answered from this episode?!? ABC was all "ooo we can't show you more than a few seconds of preview or we'll give everything away!!" At the end of the eppy I just sat there like "wait...did I miss something?" So please enlighten me if you know, cuz I completely missed that boat...

I think LOST has contained references to Christianity many times in the past, but it was pretty prevalent in this eppy (hello burning cross after the smoke monster invaded the Temple). Not to mention Dogen calling "UnLocke" (as I'm now calling him) evil incarnate himself, and him fulfilling that description by offering Sayid quite the temptation (Nadia alive again if he delivers his message). Anywho, the one nugget of info I found interesting was when Dogen told Sayid that Jacob had offered to bring his son back from the dead if he came to the Island. We know from last week's episode that Jacob was right, Dogen and his son are living happy and healthy in LA and saw Jack's son David's piano audition in the parallel uni.

A nice use of past characters, it was a surprise to see the lunatic who shot Alex as the mofia-ish loan shark who "roughed up" Sayid's bro. Guess that dude is just bad news no matter what universe you're in.

P.S. I will now forever be creeped out by Catch a Falling Star, thanks psycho-Claire. Man her face when Kate told her she had Aaron was scaaaaary!!

2 comments:

SKlaft said...

I just can't complain about it. Even though it doesn't seem to be laying out the answers plainly for all to see, yet the implied answers drop in without us realizing it.

Even if that is wrong, at least I get the sense that the story is moving along toward something that might be an explanation or at least a conclusion.

The latest episode (not yet summarized in this blog), I thought, went a long way toward explaining things. (in fact, it is close to being my favorite episode). I'll wait to comment more after the new blog thread is in place.

SRM said...

Great, I was thinking no one was looking at the blog anymore and didn't know if it was worth doing a summary. I will get that up. :)