Friday, March 16, 2007

Par Avion

This episode is why we watch Lost my friends! We haven't had a lot of traffic on this blog lately and I actually wasn't going to do a recap this week, but I just had to since it was so good! In Claire's backstory we get a look back on her teenage days as a black haired eyeliner-wearing punk. We get another connection involving Jack's dad, but it's extremely unexpected. Get this: Jack's dad is Claire's long lost dad! That's right, Jack and Claire are half-siblings as a result of a fling, but the chances of them ever realizing this are slim since Claire doesn't even know her dad's name. Sadly her dad's identity only came out after a tragic car accident that left Claire's mom comatose and living off machines. Jack's dad tried to convince her that keeping her mom alive that way wasn't really living, but we see Claire visit her mom in the hospital years later right before the Oceanic flight 815 trip, so we know at least as of then her mom was still "alive."

Another interesting part of this episode was Jack's rescue team finding the Others' barracks and getting past the deadly security gate. To test whether the eye-patch guy is lying about the gate not working, John grabs and throws him between the huge sensors, which causes some sort of sonic blast that kills him by a cerebral hemorrhage (coulda done w/o the squirting blood from his ears, ick). The group manages to form a tree bridge over the sensors and come up on the actual barracks. Kate sees Jack running toward them and wants to shout out but is stopped by Sayid. Jack keeps running, but then we see he's actually playing football w/ one of the Others and seems to be enjoying himself. The look of betrayal on Kate's face is priceless when she realizes this.

Next week we FINALLY get to see the John backstory we've been waiting for and find out why he was in a wheelchair, can't wait!

6 comments:

SRM said...

Oh that's right, great memory!! I completely forgot about that scene but I'm sure you're right because I remember him saying something about seeing his daughter. I remember wondering what the heck that was about, I'm sure you're right he was referring to Claire.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I pretty much saw the Claire and Jack being related thing coming, but I really hope they get to find out!! This was a super episode and I thought Claire looked awesome with black hair.

I really miss Jack and hope we get to find out more about what's going on with him. Some people are saying he's an Other now, or that he's brainwashed or something, but I can't imagine it. Maybe he just knows he can't escape so he's trying to make the best of it.

SRM said...

yeah I was thinking that too Erika about Jack, that he's just making the best of it, but ya never know. That would be crazy if they turned him into an Other though, that brainwashing they were doing to Carl looked pretty intense, I hope we find out someday what they were trying to accomplish with that...

SKlaft said...

So...
I guess you've given up on the web page, huh? Too bad. I thought the last couple of episodes have been fantastic. I have to go watch the latest episode now.

SRM said...

hey robby,
yeah the last few episodes have been awesome. It seemed like there wasn't much interest in the blog though since Lost came back from hiatus, so it didn't seem worth taking the time to do write-ups. Think we should bring it back?

Anonymous said...

what happened to the recaps????