Thursday, October 26, 2006

Episode 3.4 "Every Man for Himself"

The fact that I am lost about Lost is understandable, especially considering the happenings as of late. The stars of the show are being held captive by the Others- Why? Perhaps only the polar bear knows. Either way- the writers better get to the GD point or at least distract me with the most insanely outrageous twist or I threaten to… uh, okay, I will probably watch no matter what- even if space creatures take their turn on the island.

This is Kate- crying- because some Other is messing with Sawyers perfectly chiseled face. She gives in, says she loves him and the Other backs down. Huh, what? Why? Why ask her?

Long story short- Kate loves Sawyer (she doesn’t… or does she?) and she is small enough to fit through the bars of the cage. Sawyer got the crap kicked out of him- twice- and the Others tricked him into thinking they planted a heart-blowing pacemaker in his chest. In flashbacks we learn Sawyer cheated his way out of prison and oh yes, he has a daughter- named Clementine. So, they put the thingy in Sawyers ticker (apparently) and just before I am ready to take a nap, because really- Ben/Henry Gale takes Sawyer for a little stroll. PEOPLE- there are 2 islands! TWO! One, where the others live and one that lays house to all the crash survivors. WHAT? The thought the Others lived on the other side of the island! No wonder they needed to get the boat away from Jin, Sun and Sayid. Hmmm, but I still don't understand the point of showing Sawyer. Help!

Jack scrubs in for surgery on the Other who was shot by Sun last week. She dies on the operating table and Jack gets a glimpse of some X-rays- someone’s got a spinal tumor and I will give you one guess who- he’s smarmy and wears plaid. HAHAHAHA!

Back on the beach, Desmond is in need of a padded room. This dude is bonkers. Nuts! Seriously! After asking Claire if he can fix her roof- which isn’t broken- he borrows a golf club from the new guy (hot!) and rigs up some sort of experiment. Lightening strikes and a large bolt of electricity zaps the club. But what is the GD point? WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN!!???

Locke and Eko were no shows- but Charlie said something about Eko being blown to bits by the hatch. Hello? Was Charlie not with Locke when he rescued Eko? Why would Charlie say that?

Next week the new kids on the island discover one of the observation rooms and someone is clearly observing them.

PS. Blogger sucks! I cannot load anymore photos for some reason! ARGH!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't understand the other island. How did they not see this 2nd island from their own island? I thought they had been all around it?? Why did they have to con Sawyer and make him think he had a pacemaker? To keep him from escaping, right? So why did Henry (Ben--whatever) show him the other island at the end? Maybe I just can't wrap my pregnant mind around what is going on this season.

Girlscout said...

ooh yes, the other island, Damn I always forget the good stuff!

Anonymous said...

I don't think the others live on this little island, it's just the home of the Hydra. In that opening scene in ep 1, where they were living clearly looked like the same island the losties were on, and the others didn't want sayid, etc to have the boat because they could have gone around their island and spotted this little island.

With desmond, it seems pretty clear to me that he can predict the future [to some extent at least], and he knew claire's hut was going to get hit with lightning, so after warning her to move and her refusing, he used that golf club as a lightning rod instead.

Page48 said...

Well, there's no need for Ben to strap a heart monitor on me. I find the plodding nature of this season more than a little frustrating. And God help the president of the John Locke Society (if there is such a thing). It's gotta be hard to fire off a weekly newsletter when your man is reduced to a cameo role. Ditto for Hurley, Claire et al.

If Benry wants Jack to be his surgeon, why not treat him a little better? Is it really wise to terrorize the man who wields the the scalpel? It wouldn't be my strategy.

Anyway, I'm sure the writers have a story to tell, but I sure wish they would get off the stick and tell it.

I need more Alias, less Lost.

SRM said...

Benry, haha I love that name!! I actually thought this was a pretty cool eppy, though I agree that they better start shelling out some answers soon or they're going to lose too many viewers.

To my fellow Alias fans, nice shoutout w/ the baby being named Clementine, don't ya think? :)

I don't think Kate loves Sawyer but he loves her. She's definitely attracted to him, but you can see how exasperated he makes her, I think she still has more feelings for Jack. One of my coworkers wondered if the X-Rays Jack saw were those of John Locke...maybe the cause of his paralasys and the island has "healed" him the way it healed Rose?

So Desmond is some kind of fortune teller now, interesting. Looks like something went funky when he was hit w/ the huge magnetic blast. I wonder when he'll start foretelling of other harmful things, like the Others sneaking up on them or something like that.

Anonymous said...

I think the way they've done this, these 6 eps are going to be some kind of prologue for the rest of the season, so I doubt they'll reveal anything soon. Did you see the preview for next week?! Halloween has taken over 'Lost' as well.

It would make sense in a way if it was Locke's spine in those x-rays, but it seems like it's someone in the others camp. But if you have a tumour like that, can you walk? [i have no idea] I'm guessing it'll be some new character, just coz it's 'Lost'.

And jenn, I guess rousseau's child, danielle i think, was born on the island, and maybe Carl was too. There's also claire's and sun's soon to be of course. Or she could just be lying.

Anonymous said...

About the second island. I was on the ABC boards and they have screen caps of Rosseau's(sp?) maps that she drew. She has two small islands drawn close the the main island.

SRM said...

huh, interesting anon!

Anonymous said...

Eep, my bad jenn. Was confusing her with an obstetrician.

blah said...

okay, i think we're missing a whole lot about the two islands. in the opening scene of season three when the others see's the plan crash, Ben tells those two guys to go make a list. that means they would either one, have to have swam over there. But anna lucia knows that guy wasn't wet, or two, they have two boats because they both went in opposist dirrections. am i making sense

Anonymous said...

I think that the other's main village is on the island w/ the survivors. Ben, Juliette and crew are just on island #2 to keep up the projects being run over there. I don't think Goodwin and Ethan would have been able to boat over, hide their bots, and come upon the survivors in a short enough amount of time... but that's me. I still want to know why the others are so convinced they're the good guys, and what their main mission is.

Anonymous said...

Also, I'm surprised no one's mentioned the ominous preview... any ideas?

Anonymous said...

Ha, i sorta mentioned the dude in the halloween mask, katie, but apart from that no idea. And they'll at least reveal who has the tumour. I don't know if it's an open and shut case with Ben being the one with the tumour.

SRM said...

yeah I don't think Ben has the tumor, I think the preview just set it up to look that way. I could very well be wrong though! Very weird about the TV screens, I remember jumping when the guy w/ the mask appeared.

Anonymous said...

I'm not so much concerned w/ the tumor and the creepy man, but one of the survivors not surviving any longer.... maybe that preview only came out later in the week.

Jess said...

I also am concerned about the fact that someone is on their way off the island....I wonder who it will be?

Anonymous said...

Eep, where's the 5th ep recaP O_O. Poor Mr. Eko. We have to mourn him properly.

SRM said...

sorry the recap came so late coup, but it's there now! :)